Research Associates (2 positions)
Last Date of Application: 25 November 2020
The Centre for Workers’ Management (CWM) is a labour research and worker education organisation. CWM focusses on rights of workers as individuals and in collectives. CWM employs an iterative form of learning from the experience of movements and translating that learning and knowledge of changes in the economy, the society and the polity into future strategy for workers and their collectives. CWM is currently involved in understanding the new labour reforms and its possible impact on workers.
CWM is a very lean and equal opportunities organisation that believes in dignity of labour. All non-core work in the office is therefore shared by all. We are all overworked so only apply if you are truly passionate to make a difference in the world of work and willing to explore your capacities to its limit. Please visit our website cwm.org.in and facebook page to get an idea of the work we do.
- Compiling labour news for Facebook page, website and newsletter
- Preparing policy briefs on labour laws to be used for advocacy
- Coordinating with partner labour organizations
- Executing research activities including data collection, analysis and writing.
- Writing articles on issues concerning labour for monthly newsletter
- The applicant should have a strong ability to take initiative, multitask and work independently
- Fluent in English – reading and writing and at least 1 other regional language (compulsory)
- Good communication skill in at least two languages
- Basic experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods will be preferred
- Social media
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences with 3-4 years’ work experience
- A Master’s Degree in the social sciences with 1-2 years’ work experience in a relevant field.
- Those with a working experience with a workers’ collective will be preferred.
Remuneration will range between 25-30 k depending on qualification and work experience.
- Please send a cover letter describing why you would like to work for a labour rights organisation
- Your updated resume clearly specifying the requirements listed above